Friday, April 12, 2013

Plated Desserts

 My last morning class here at ENSP was Plated Desserts. This meant I no longer had to wake up at five in the morning to be at class for six. The end of this class also marked the half way point.


Chef Richard and I
 Plated Desserts was a short class. It was only a three day lab because of the field trip on Monday and because of a midterm practical exam we had to take today, Friday April 12. Come to found out, I got a 94 on my midterm!! I am so happy. We had five hours to make Challah bread, and a Granny Noisette Entremet. 
Midterm Granny Noisette Entremet
I had Chef Richard again for this class.  Within the short three days, we made five different types of plated desserts. We made a chocolat Exotique, a Tarte au Fraise Verrine, Paire Belle Helene, a Tiramisu Revisite, and a Baba Exotique. 

The class and the buffet
Chocolat Extoique

The Chocolat Extoique had different layers of a whipped chocolate ganche, a passionfruit mango sorbet, a crumble, a chocolate sable, a passionfruit mango cream and jelly, raviole, a chocolate biscuit, and passion, mango, and chocolate sauce.
Tarte au Fraise Verrine
The Tarte au Fraise Verrine was made up of a pate sable, a citron mousse, a strawberry sorbet, strawberries, raspberries, red currants, and a citron nappage.
 
Poire Belle Helene
The Poire Belle Helene consists of poached pears, caramel pears, tuile, chantilly mascarpone, and vanilla ice cream. 
Tiramisu

The tiramisu was made of a coffee biscuit, a coffee praline croustillant, a coffee whipped ganche, and chantilly mascarpone topped with chocolate decorations.
 
Baba Exotique
Finally, the Baba Exotique was made with pate a baba, coco whipped ganche, Ananas Citron Vert Vanilla which is pineapples marinated with brown sugar, lime zest, and vanilla bean, and finally it was topped with a lime sorbet.
 
On Thursday we enjoyed all of our desserts we made during the week with a buffet. A photographer who works for the school also came in this day to take professional pictures of us working and our finish products. We all got to wear the big chef hats instead of our little ones. Also on thursday, my group and I made our French video on how to make profiteroles. I can't wait to watch it and show all of you!
Chelsea and I with our tall chef
hats!!
I really enjoyed my time in plated desserts, even though it went by quickly I still learned a lot and loved all the fancy desserts we made.
 
This weekend I am off to the largest city and capital of France. Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment